Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 7: Mindful

I am now seven days into Facebook sobriety and the cravings have finally ceased. The first three days were definitely harder than the last four days. It is amazing how easily your brain adapts to new habits. I have stopped immediately reaching for my phone when I wake up in the morning and I haven't had to actively stop myself from launching the Facebook app in days. I never realized before this little experiment how mindlessly I would go onto Facebook - sometimes launching the app without even realizing I had done it. So far this detox has made me more mindful - mindful of life happening around me and mindful of some very bad habits I need to correct. It has also made me more mindful of what's important and what isn't. What started as a silly detox from social media has become an interesting journey.